Now Hiring - Program Director
North Port Meals on Wheels (NPMOW) is expanding and growing its organization and seeks to fill a newly created position of Program Director. Consider joining us and growing along with the organization and the board.
North Port is the largest city in Sarasota County, and is growing and expanding at a fast pace, creating the need for us to create a more sustainable infrastructure for the future needs. Our expectations are for the people of North Port who are frail, disabled, or otherwise impaired to remain independent and in their own homes regardless of age or finances; and that their caregivers may be supported in their roles through our program.
It takes over 200 unpaid volunteers for NPMOW to serve a fresh, nutritious meal 6 days a week including holidays to those in our community who can no longer provide one for themselves.
Reporting directly to the board president and in support of the board of directors, this brand-new position of Program Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for NPMOW’s programs, which include fundraising, marketing, community engagement, volunteer management, and fulfillment of its mission.
The Program Director will be responsible for the ongoing implementation of the strategic plan, which will help guide and transition responsibilities from the board to this newly created position. The Program Director oversees a $250k budget, an administrative assistant, and a large and expanding force of volunteers.
The Program Director represents the NPMOW in the community, participates in civic events which increase the awareness of our organization, expands community outreach, and performs duties which fosters donations.
- The Program Director will have a relevant bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3-5 years' work in a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, demonstrating ability required to support a non-profit organization and manage services for a human services organization primarily with volunteers.
- The successful candidate must show evidence of leadership and accomplishment in the advanced skills of effective implementation and management of short-and long-term projects
- Experience in attracting, retaining and managing employees and volunteers is required.
- Donor relations and fundraising skills and experience
- Demonstrate an interest in human services and a passion for the mission.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in maximizing existing resources, as well as the ability to inspire and articulate the need for their expansion, when appropriate
- Flexibility to navigate between strategic direction and operational management.
- Successful resource development, fundraising and philanthropy experiences.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, and a comfort level with presentations both planned and spontaneous.
- Exhibit familiarity with PC environment and knowledge of the following applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Quick Books and Zoom.
- Possess strong analytical and technical skills coupled with intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times, stressful environment.
- Exhibit a solid knowledge of marketing, programming, accounting, budgeting, and financial management.
North Port Meals on Wheels is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, vendors, contractors, volunteers, and our community.
NPMOW has several different locations in North Port. The new Program Director will combine working in one or more of the locations with remote work.
To apply, please submit the following in confidence to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Three references
Salary range: between $40,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience.
Benefits: negotiable for Employee only.
Application deadlines: Position will remain open until filled.